Getting Started With Canvas ZOOM - Getting Started
Zoom Video Conferencing is available for all Canvas courses. You can connect remotely with your class, hold virtual office hours and much more. Here are the basic steps to using this feature in Canvas.
- If you would like to use this feature, please submit a support ticket so the Office of Academic Technology can create an account for you. You will receive a welcome email that will walk you through the steps to complete the account set up process.
- Once your account is created, Locate Zoom in the left side navigation column of your Canvas course.
- Click on Zoom and then follow the prompts to authenticate.
- In the Zoom dashboard, you should see a "Personal Meeting room". You can click on "Start" to begin a session that you can invite students to or you can click on "Schedule a meeting" to create a video call that you can then invite students to. For a class, you may want to use the "Schedule a Meeting" feature while just clicking on "Start" for your personal meeting room could be used for virtual office hours.
- From this screen, you can click on "Meetings" in bottom icon tray and you will see the meeting invite info to send out. If you hover your mouse over the top part of this screen, you will see "Copy" which will copy the info so that you can paste in an email or calendar invite. This will include information for laptop connection as well as a phone number to call in with.
For more information on how to use the features of Zoom, visit the Zoom Help Center.