Transportation The 955
UPDATE: Service suspended 3/16 - 4/13.
The 955 is a free, reservation-based ride service for Westmont students offering transportation to off-campus sites from Montecito to Goleta. Students may schedule rides to/from churches, appointments, internships, jobs, research libraries, the airport, train station, etc.
THANKSGIVING: 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. (ONLY) the Wednesday before, resuming the Sunday after
CHRISTMAS: service through 12:00 p.m. the Saturday after finals, resuming the Saturday before classes begin
SPRING BREAK: no service Saturday through Friday
EASTER: service on Good Friday and Easter Sunday, dependent on available drivers
4-DAY WEEKENDS: service as usual
The 955 Operating hours: 8:30 a.m. to 11 p.m. every day.
We have 1 van and 1 driver at any time. Requests are 1st come-1st served.
HOW TO REQUEST A RIDE:
- NEW ride request app will now be introduced FALL 2020! Watch for further information.
- Until then use this URL: westmontcollege.quick-rides.com
- When it's available, students will download the TapRide app and select "Westmont College - The 955".
- Using their SSO for Westmont, students create an account in the app and submit ride requests from there. Drop down menus make this super easy!
- The map is populated with a large number of pre-determined pin-drop locations. For others, just type the name (e.g. Williams-Sonoma, Nordstrom) or address and the location should automatically populate (as would happen in Google Maps).
Requests should be made at least 1 day in advance - the drivers need to plan the rides that are in the queue during their shift. We might be able to accommodate a ride with a couple hours notice, but we are not set up for "on demand" service.
SEPARATE reservations necessary for rides to AND from your location, if both are needed.
Rides are organized based on time and space available - and prioritized by order received. The driver may combine requests to accommodate riders, so you might be asked to adjust your pick-up time.
Be ready at your pick-up/drop-off location 5-10 minutes early. Drivers make every effort to arrive at your location “ON TIME” (which can be 10 minutes before or after the requested time).
The 955 drivers reserve the right to refuse service, particularly to those who are repeatedly late or have excessive no-shows or late cancellations.
Questions/contact: Karen Sloan, Manager of Office Operations, Automotive & Transportation
firstname.lastname@example.org / Office: 805-565-6015 / Cell: 805-455-4964
Accessing The 955 link on RideSystems App
Main Shuttle/The 955 Screen
Here is where you start after downloading the RideSystems app.
Accessing LINK to The 955
Click on either the MENU bars OR on the blue van icon at the top right
Request Start Screen
Begin here with WHERE you want to be picked up. Some locations (including dorms) are pre-loaded.
Picking location (not pre-loaded)
Where are you going? Select pre-loaded or "Pick location from Map". Move/enlarge map with fingers to help get closer to location.
Drop the pin as close as possible to where you want to go - you will add the actual address in another box.
Required Information - VERY IMPORTANT!
Fill in all the fields:
- Include your FIRST & LAST name
- DAY of the week
- TIME: it is VERY important you include AM or PM!!
- Your phone number
- Location NAME
- Location ADDRESS
When you see this screen, we received your request. The driver or dispatcher may contact you if necessary.