Transportation The 955
The 955 is a free, reservation-based ride service for Westmont students offering transportation to off-campus sites from Montecito to Goleta. Students may schedule rides to and from churches, appointments, internships, jobs, research libraries, the airport, train station, etc.
- THANKSGIVING BREAK: The 955 runs from 8:30 a.m. -3:30 p.m. only the Wednesday before, and service resumes the Sunday after.
- CHRISTMAS: service runs through 12 noon the Saturday after finals, resuming Sunday before classes begin.
The 955 Operating hours: 8:30 a.m. to 11 p.m. every day.
We have 1 van and 1 driver at any time. Requests are 1st come-1st served.
HOW TO REQUEST A RIDE:
- NEW ride request software/application coming SPRING SEMESTER 2020! Watch for further information.
Download the new ______ app (available in iTunes App Store and Google Play for android devices). Select Westmont College.
Click on "Menu", then click on "Quick Ride" -- this will take you to the request site.
You can also reserve at westmontcollege.quick-rides.com
Requests should be made at least 1 day in advance.
Requests may be made as far in advance as you want. Include day, date and time as shown below.
SEPARATE reservations necessary for rides to AND from your location, if both are needed.
Rides are organized based on time and space available - and prioritized by order received. The driver may combine requests to accommodate riders, so you might be asked to adjust your pick-up time.
Be sure to include:
- NAME: 1st AND last
- DAY of the week (e.g. Monday)
- DATE (e.g. Oct 25 or 10/25)
- TIME to be picked up (PLEASE REMEMBER to include AM or PM)
- CELL number (driver may call or text you)
- LOCATION: name AND address
- For locations not pre-loaded, move the map to drop the pin at the location. The driver will need to know the actual location (e.g. Cottage Hospital).
SEPARATE REQUESTS REQUIRED for return trips to campus
Be ready at your pick-up/drop-off location 5-10 minutes early. Drivers make every effort to arrive at your location “ON TIME” (which can be 10 minutes before or after the requested time).
The 955 drivers reserve the right to refuse service, particularly to those who are repeatedly late or have excessive no-shows or late cancellations.
Questions/contact: Karen Sloan, Manager of Office Operations, Automotive & Transportation
firstname.lastname@example.org / Office: 805-565-6015 / Cell: 805-455-4964
Accessing The 955 link on RideSystems App
Main Shuttle/The 955 Screen
Here is where you start after downloading the RideSystems app.
Accessing LINK to The 955
Click on either the MENU bars OR on the blue van icon at the top right
Request Start Screen
Begin here with WHERE you want to be picked up. Some locations (including dorms) are pre-loaded.
Picking location (not pre-loaded)
Where are you going? Select pre-loaded or "Pick location from Map". Move/enlarge map with fingers to help get closer to location.
Drop the pin as close as possible to where you want to go - you will add the actual address in another box.
Required Information - VERY IMPORTANT!
Fill in all the fields:
- Include your FIRST & LAST name
- DAY of the week
- TIME: it is VERY important you include AM or PM!!
- Your phone number
- Location NAME
- Location ADDRESS
When you see this screen, we received your request. The driver or dispatcher may contact you if necessary.