Transportation The 955
SPRING 2021: Ride requests should be limited to work, medical appointments, internships, rides to the airport or train at the breaks
Use SHUTTLES for trips downtown, going to coffee shops, etc.
The 955 is a free, reservation-based ride service for Westmont students offering transportation to off-campus sites from Montecito to Goleta. Students may schedule rides to/from churches, appointments, internships, jobs, research libraries, the airport, train station, etc.
HOLIDAY HOURS (in "normal times")
THANKSGIVING: 8:00 a.m.-5:30 p.m. (ONLY) the Wednesday before, resuming the Saturday after
CHRISTMAS: service through 3:00 p.m. the Saturday after finals, resuming the Saturday before classes begin
SPRING BREAK: no service Sunday through Friday
EASTER: service on Good Friday and Easter Sunday if there are available drivers
4-DAY WEEKENDS: service as usual
The 955 Operating hours: Spring 2021 = 9 AM to 9 PM (subject to availability of drivers)
We have 1 van and 1 driver at any time...we try our best to accommodate all requests!
HOW TO REQUEST A RIDE:
- Download the Westmont 955 app (this is uniquely ours in the TapRide system)
- Web URL: https://westmontcollege.tapridemobile.com/ride/
- "Start" or "Schedule" a ride. The app is super easy to use!
- Requests should be made at least 1 day in advance, although the app allows scheduled rides 2 hours in advance. Scheduled rides get priority over "on demand" requests.
- The driver may combine requests to efficiently accommodate riders, so you might be asked to adjust your pick-up time.
Be ready at your pick-up/drop-off location 5-10 minutes early. Drivers make every effort to arrive at your location “ON TIME” (which can be 10 minutes before or after the requested time). Traffic can make a huge difference on timing!
The 955 drivers reserve the right to refuse service, particularly to those who are repeatedly late or have excessive no-shows or late cancellations.
Questions/contact: Karen Sloan, Manager of Office Operations, Automotive & Transportation
firstname.lastname@example.org / Office: 805-565-6015 / Cell: 805-455-4964