Post Office Student Mailboxes
Student Mailbox Information:
At the beginning of the academic year, please wait to ship large boxes to your student address until after August 15. We are not prepared to receive and store them before that date. If you are a new student, you may begin receiving letters and small packages after your mailbox has been assigned.
PLEASE NOTE! MAIL/PACKAGES WITHOUT MAIL STOP (MS) NUMBERS WILL BE DELAYED IN PROCESSING AND DIFFICULT FOR YOU TO RETRIEVE THE FIRST 1-2 WEEKS OF SCHOOL.
How do I get my mailbox number?
Your MS (mail stop) # is located on your student profile (see below if you are new this Fall)
- MS numbers for incoming first-year students and transfers are assigned during the summer and should be available on your student profile by the first week in August or shortly thereafter.
- After that, if you have only very recently enrolled or re-enrolled, your MS# may not yet be assigned.
- Late (August/September) enrollees should add "NEW STUDENT" to your address (see below). This will ENSURE you get your mail, but may DELAY delivery, so be sure to get your MS # and start using it as soon as possible after that.
- If you are returning after withdrawing* or absent for a semester or more, it is unlikely you will have the same MS# you had before. (*This does not apply to off campus programs for a semester.). Please check to see if you have been assigned a new MS #.
How do I find the combination to my mailbox?
This is also found on your student profile. You will need to click the "private" section to access it.
- Combinations cannot be looked for you up at the Mail Center. Many students find it helpful to save the information and/or profile link on their cell phone.
How do I open my mailbox?
- We have instructions posted above all of the mailboxes. Don't worry if you find it difficult, it takes some getting used to. There will be students milling about that are happy to help...just ask! The Mail Center staff will be available to help you as well.
What about my packages, how do I get those?
- If a package has arrived for you, you will receive an email from the Mail Center when it has been processed and is ready for you to retrieve. Please bring your student ID to the back door of the Mail Center (Campus Map) and we will retrieve your package for you. If you are certain your package has arrived but have not received and email from us, please give us until 3:00 pm to process our mail. This is generally the case for the first week or two of the year. After that, we typically have all mail sorted and processed by 1:00 pm.
- If you have not received an email within 48 hours of the carrier indicating it was "delivered" (which means very different things depending on which carrier), then you may inquire about the package if you bring us the carrier name and tracking number. Please do not ask us to research packages if it is not yet after 2:00 on the day AFTER the carrier indicated it was "delivered."
What address should I give out for my mail at Westmont?
- Give us a call (805) 565-6087.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Come visit us between the hours of 10:00-4:00 Monday through Friday (We are closed during chapel.)