RA Selection Application Instructions
Spring RA Application Instructions
Keep in Mind
The deadline is Wednesday, January 23, 2019 at 4 pm.
Applications will not be able to be submitted after this time.
1. Know what you're signing up for. We want you to fully understand the position you are applying for so make sure to read through all the supporting documents listed in the application.
2. Distribute reference forms. All you need to do is identify which faculty member (professor) you would like to fill out a reference form for you, and send your current RA the form to initiate the peer references.
Be sure to give them plenty of time to make the deadline (Wednesday, January 23, 2019 at 4 pm).
- Faculty Reference (1) –– you'll select one faculty member
- Current RA Reference (1) –– this is automatically sent to your current RA
- Peer Reference (6) –– these are distributed by your current RA
Want to check on the status of your references? Simply log back into the application once you have submitted everything and you will be brought to a status page.
** Special Circumstances: If you are new to your section (i.e. was abroad in the Fall, or was a mid-semester/year housing move), then you will need to follow a different procedure when it comes to references. Please submit your Current RA Reference as assigned, but email the Director of Residence Life (Shannon Balram, email@example.com) immediately so that she can re-route the reference to a current or past RA. We want to ensure that the references submitted are given by people who know you and can adequately provide feedback on your candidacy.
3. Produce a resume which should include:
- Education (including off-campus experiences, lifeguard certification, etc.)
- Work experience
- Volunteer / church experience
- Extra-curricular activities / leadership experience
4. Complete Essay Questions. You may find it easiest to type these into a word document and then copy and paste them into the online application.
5. Sign up for an interview. Each applicant will meet with two RDs for a formal interview lasting approximately 25 minutes. Interview locations will be determined no later than Friday, January 25. Simply log back in to see where your interview will be held.
6. Choose a Group Process time to attend. Group Process is an interactive interview, where candidates can work in small groups to accomplish a variety of hands-on activities. Group Process is a mandatory part of the RA Application and is essential in completing your interview process. When you are completing your application, please indicate which Group Process time you have selected - Monday, February 4, 2019 in the Page MPR or Tuesday, February 5, 2019 in the Page MPR.
If you have any questions about the application or interview process, please email Shannon Balram, Director of Residence Life, at firstname.lastname@example.org. She will be more than happy to help and assist you in the process.