On Campus Activities Westmont College Student Association (WCSA)
Westmont College Student Association (WCSA) is an elected body of student officials that exists to serve as the voice of the student body.
WCSA represents the diverse views, beliefs, needs, and desires of our students. They seek to unify faculty, staff, administration, and students by promoting communication and initiating change in response to campus and student interests.
Information & Resources
WCSA communicates regularly with the student body about important institutional decisions and they listen carefully to student ideas, perceptions and desires. WCSA accepts funding proposals for campus wide initiatives and endeavors.
The vision of WCSA is to cultivate an environment where students make connections and form convictions. We hope to promote fruitful re-entry from off-campus programs and provide greater access to the Westmont network*, preparing students for life after college. Additionally, we aim to encourage the development of informed opinions on domestic and global affairs. We will take ownership of our individual convictions while maintaining our unity in the Spirit and our identity in Christ.
For more information on WCSA's governing structure and purposes view the Constitution.
*This network includes Westmont alumni, faculty, staff, and current students.
|Heidi Pullman||Vice President|
|Benjamin Meyers||Business Manager|
|Jazmine Anderson Islas||Communications Manager|
|Joshua Azan||Academic Liaison|
|Kevin Kinyon||VK Representative|
|Jared Huff||Armington Representative|
|Nolan Anderson||Ocean View/Off Campus Rep|
|Wynston Hamann||GLC Representative|
|Sam Gee||Diversity & Inclusion Senator|
WCSA's Take a Professor to Lunch Program
WCSA is proud to sponsor the "Take a Professor to Lunch Program." This long-standing tradition is supported by student fee dollars in order to encourage students to connect with faculty outside of the classroom.
How it Works
- Arrange a meeting time with the professor you want to get to know
- Complete the online form
- You'll immediately receive a confirmation e-mail message
- Either print out the confirmation message or display it on your phone when you enter the DC
- Students may take any full time Westmont faculty or staff member to lunch using this program
- These funds only cover the cost of the faculty or staff lunch; they are not intended to cover the cost of student lunches
Any Westmont student, faculty or staff member is eligible to submit a funding request to WCSA. WCSA strives to utilize its budget to meet the needs of our campus and our student body. Past proposals have included funding the purchase of fruit trees for the Westmont garden and partnering with the library to provide coffee and snacks during finals week. Funds have also supported student initiated events such as film festivals and movie screenings.
How it Works
- Download the funding proposal form.
- Complete the funding proposal form and upload it to this link.
- Each proposal is examined by the WCSA Finance Committee which then presents their recommendations to the Executive Board and Senate. Then, both branches vote on whether to approval the proposal.
- You will be notified by e-mail regarding the decision on your funding proposal generally within two weeks.
- Be thorough in filling out the funding proposal form. Please provide as much detail as possible regarding the purpose of the request and funding desired. Failure to do so may result in a delay.
- If your funding proposal is time sensitive, please notify the WCSA Business Manager.
- If you are requesting funds for a campus event, please complete the event proposal form on the Campus Life Office website prior to completing a WCSA funding proposal. All events must be approved and sponsored by a campus department or student organization prior to receiving funding.
Meeting Minutes & Bills
WCSA provides access to all students to view meeting minutes and the bills and funding proposals brought before the WCSA leadership.