Parking Permits How to Request a Permit
If you have reached junior standing or above (59 or more units in the Fall, 72 or more units in the Spring), and are not considered a "first-year" by the college, you may reserve a REGULAR parking permit for either or both semesters through the online form below. We urge you to request as early as possible, and the earliest request date is May 1.
Do not try to reserve a permit until you have the requisite number of units. You may contact the Housing & Parking Office if you were unable to qualify, or have reason to believe you should be eligible.
Reserving a permit is merely the first step, as you are responsible to obtain your decal and display it on your registered vehicle in a timely manner. Failure to display the decal may result in a citation and fine by Public Safety. The charge for a reserved permit for the Fall semester will be posted to your student account. You do not pay for the permit at time of pick-up. Charges for Spring semester permits are posted in January.
The following applies if you are a second-year student with 26-58 units, and are not considered a "first-year" by the college. You are eligible to request a Restricted parking permit by appeal, and we urge you to submit your request as early as possible. The earliest request date is May 1.
- Appeals for the Fall permit are initially reviewed near the end of June for the distribution of Restricted permits. If additional permits can be made available, we will notify by email at a later date.
- After you select the PROCEED button (below), you should see a vehicle information screen that includes an appeal box. This means the program recognizes your eligibility to request a Restricted permit.
- You must submit an appeal to state your reason(s) for requesting a permit.
- If you attempt to request before the program is activated on May 1, your request will not be recorded. Try again, after the program has been made operative.
- You may request a permit for EITHER or BOTH semesters (both is recommended, even though we do not grant Restricted permits for the Spring until December).
- Your request/appeal will remain on file throughout the entire academic year. However, if any additional permits which are deemed available for the Spring semester, appeals for those Spring permits may not be considered until December.
- Select SUBMIT after completing your vehicle information and appeal.
- A screen message will immediately indicate your request was UNSUCCESSFUL (aka PENDING REVIEW). This is because we do not grant appeals within the program. All requests by appeal are personally reviewed, and not all requests are granted.
- You will be notified by the Housing Director at your Westmont email address, if your appeal is granted,
- If your appeal is NOT granted, you will NOT be notified by email. You may contact the Housing & Parking Office if you wish to inquire about the status of your request.
- You may notice that your Student Profile includes a display of your permit status. This is a back-up communication to you, following the immediate screen message which is displayed at the end of your online request.