Parking Permits How to Request a Permit
If you have reached junior standing or above (59 or more units in the Fall, 72 or more units in the Spring), and are not considered a "first-year" by the college, you may reserve a REGULAR parking permit for the coming semester only through the online form below. We urge you to request as early as possible, as we expect more demand than we can supply.
THE REQUEST APPLICATION IS NOW OPEN.
If you try to reserve a permit before you have the requisite number of units on your Westmont record, you may not qualify for what you think you should qualify for. You may contact the Housing & Parking Office if you were unable to qualify, or have reason to believe you should be eligible.
Reserving a permit is merely the first step, as you are responsible to obtain your decal and display it on your registered vehicle in a timely manner. Failure to display the decal may result in a citation and fine by Public Safety. The charge for a reserved permit for the Fall semester will be posted to your student account. You do not pay for the permit at time of pick-up. Charges for Spring semester permits are posted in January.
If you don't know for sure what vehicle you would bring to campus, you may still request a vehicle by registering the most likely family vehicle you would bring. Just remember to input the correct vehicle information (on your request) before you bring it to campus.
The following applies if you are a second-year student with 26-58 units in the Fall, 40-58 units in the Spring) and are not considered a "first-year" by the college. You are eligible to request a Restricted parking permit by appeal, and we urge you to submit your request as early as possible. The earliest request date is May 25.
If Restricted parking permits are available, we begin to make notifications in mid-to-late July. However, as our demand for parking becomes clearer, we grant Restricted permits as available on a rolling basis.
If you are a "first year" coming to Westmont, you should refrain from requesting a permit because it will not be considered. Some "first years" may have enough units to seemingly qualify for the Restricted permit, but the college is prohibited from issuing a permit to first years (irrespective of the number of advanced units on record). See Special Concerns at the Student Parking site for more on this. Appeals for the Fall (Restricted) permit are initially reviewed in July. If additional permits become available later (on a rolling basis), we will notify by email at a later date.
- If you don't know for sure what vehicle you would bring to campus, you may still request a vehicle by registering the most likely family vehicle you would bring. Just remember to input the correct vehicle information (on your request) before you bring it to campus.
- After you select the PROCEED button (below), you should see a vehicle information screen that includes an appeal box. This means the program recognizes your eligibility to request a Restricted permit.
- You must submit an appeal to state your reason(s) for requesting a permit.
- If you attempt to request before the program is activated, your request will not be recorded. Try again, after the program has been made operative.
- You may request a permit for the coming semester only. Restricted permits for the Spring semester will be available for request in November, and decided in November or December).
- Your request/appeal will remain on file throughout the entire academic year, but a separate request will need to be submitted to request a Spring permit in Nov-Dec.
- Select SUBMIT after completing your vehicle information and appeal.
- A screen message will immediately indicate your request was UNSUCCESSFUL (aka PENDING REVIEW). This is because we do not grant appeals within the program. All requests by appeal are personally reviewed, and not all requests are granted.
- If your appeal is granted, you will be notified by the Director of Housing & Parking at your Westmont email address.
- If your appeal is NOT granted, you will NOT be notified by email. You may contact the Housing & Parking Office if you wish to inquire about the status of your request.
- You may notice that your Student Profile includes a display of your permit status. This is a back-up communication to you, following the immediate screen message which is displayed at the end of your online request.