The Office of the Dean of Curriculum and Educational Effectiveness in partnership with the Program Review Committee is committed to sustaining a culture of inquiry, evidence and improvement of student learning and success through the implementation of systematic assessment and promoting program quality.
To accomplish our mission, we:
- provide support and training on curriculum development; outcome-based learning; student-centered teaching; and assessment design and data collection, analysis, and implementation for faculty, co-curricular specialists, academic librarians, and departments
- support faculty and departments in the integration and assessment of college-wide General Education initiatives
- facilitate documentation of educational effectiveness through six-year program review and annual assessment update reports
- locate and disseminate best pedagogical practices and assessment scholarship
- enhance the visibility and recognition for quality assessment resulting in significant student learning
- share assessment data with the college leadership to assist them in data-guided decision making
- support faculty participation in assessment-related conferences and workshops.