The Hiring Process /Employment Paperwork
• Once you have been hired by a campus department, your supervisor will create a Temporary Employment Agreement (TEA) for you. This is your 'work contract' and outlines your rate of pay, job description and other pertinent information. You may not work on campus without a TEA.
• You MUST approve your TEA upon receiving it through your Westmont email. Read through it carefully before accepting! Changes can not be made to TEA's after they have been approved.
• You will be directed to electronically generate an I-9 form through the TEA process (if you have not previously filled one out on campus).
• Fill out only your portion of the form (Section 1) print the form and take it to your supervisor to be completed. Provide your supervisor with ORIGINAL documents to complete the I9 form. Copies, faxes, scans,etc can not be accepted under any circumstances. Please use the link below to view a list of acceptable documents. THIS PAPERWORK IS MANDATORY.
• Bringing your ORIGINAL documentation with you when you arrive on campus and begin your job search will benefit you in the long run. Being able to complete work authorization paperwork soon after your hire with help avoid any delays or the risk of losing a job you may have been selected for. Supervisors will not "hold" positions for employees unable to provide the necessary documentation to complete the employment process.
• After your TEA has been approved and your I9 paperwork has been completed and reivewed, you will receive an email from Career Development & Calling authorizing you to begin work.