The Hiring Process /Employment Paperwork
• After applying for a job on campus, you may receive an offer of employment or Temporary Employment Agreement (TEA) from an on campus supervisor. This is your 'work contract' and outlines your rate of pay, job description and other pertinent information. You may not work on campus without a TEA. We ask that when applying for jobs, you consider other students looking for work and accept only one (1) position on campus.
• You MUST approve your TEA upon receiving it through your Westmont email. Read through it carefully before accepting! Changes can not be made to TEA's after they have been approved.
• Students who have not worked on campus previously, will be directed to complete an I-9 form through the TEA process. Do not complete the I9 until you have received an offer of work (TEA)
• Bringing your ORIGINAL documentation with you when you arrive on campus and begin your job search will benefit you in the long run. Being able to complete work authorization paperwork soon after your hire with help avoid any delays or the risk of losing a job you may have been selected for.
Supervisors will not "hold" positions for employees unable to provide the necessary documentation to complete the employment process.
• You are responsible for completing Section 1 of the form, signing, dating and printing to be taken to your hiring supervisor. Your supervisor is required to complete Section 2 of the form using the ORIGINAL documents you will provide. A link to the list of Acceptable Documents is below. PLEASE NOTE: We can not accept copies, faxes, scans, etc of these documents under any circumstance.