Quick Links to Resources
|Reviewing Faculty Applications|
|Hiring Tenure-Track Faculty|
|New Course Approval Process||Program Review and Assessment|
|Supervising Staff and Students|
|Department Chairs Calendar||Guidelines on Filmmaking in the Curriculum|
|Adjunct Faculty Recommendation Form||Guidelines for New Course Proposals|
Follow the process outlined below.
- Adjunct position approved by the Provost’s Office (typically, this conversation begins with the department chair and the Vice Provost).
- Provost's Office creates an online application for the position and posts it here;
- Department chair recruits candidate and recommends selection to the Provost’s Office by submitting the Adjunct Faculty Recommendation Form to provost’s administrative assistant;
- Candidate completes the online application;
- Following the background check and interview with the vice provost, a decision about hiring is made and communicated to the candidate and the department chair and a contract is issued.
This document provides an outline of the search process and some principles guiding decisions about hiring.
All searches for full-time faculty positions—even those to replace departing faculty— must be approved by the provost, Mark Sargent. Prior to launching a search, Mark takes the advice of the Academic Senate about the value and priority of the positions. To begin the process, submit a Faculty Position Request Form to the Provost as early as possible and not later than September 1 of the year the search is to be conducted.
|Permissible Interview Questions|
Supervising Adjunct Faculty New adjuncts will appreciate your help and that of your administrative assistant in getting them keys, finding their classrooms, getting set up with WebAdvisor, etc. Department chairs should plan to observe one or two of their adjuncts' courses during the semester and solicit some student feedback. This page provides some resources for part-time faculty.
Supervising Staff and Student Workers Department chairs oversee administrative assistants in their departments and will be asked to submit a performance evaluation of these staff members each year (May 15). Resources for managing and evaluating staff can be found here.
|Hiring administrative and other staff (non-faculty)||Use of Student Grading Assistants|
For questions about this page, please contact Kirsten Burdick at 565-6007 or by email.