Alumni Career Speaker Series
The Westmont College Alumni and Parent Relations Office offers a free, monthly career speaker series to help alumni build a successful career and job search strategy. The series features the nation’s top career experts and authors who share their research and advice. To access the webinars, go to alumnicareerservices.org/westmont and register as a New User with an email address. After the initial registration, you may log in thereafter as a Returning User.
Subscribers will have access to live webinars as well as recordings and PDFs of archived presentations. Live webinars are held on the first Wednesday of each month from 5-6 p.m. PST. Viewers will have the opportunity to ask questions in real time.
May 6: Beth Bridges - "5 Steps to Building a Powerful & Profitable Network"
Your chances of attaining your dream job will improve drastically when you have a plan. Because networking is a principal way job seekers are getting jobs today, you need to have an active, written strategy – one you can refer to frequently. Join bestselling author Beth Bridges and learn her 5 part networking success plan.
You will learn:
1. How to pick and choose the right events that will support your networking strategy.
2. The five-part networking success plan that will help you build a powerful network.
3. Effortless ways to be a resource to your network so they will spend time to support you!
June 3: Carole Martin - "What You Don’t Say In An Interview Could Hold You Back"
There is a good chance you are the best candidate for the job, but what if you can’t articulate that? Interviews unfortunately favor individuals who can not only listen and understand the questions being asked, but are able to quickly formulate good responses. You can learn how to increase your confidence and dramatically improve the impressions you make in interviews when you join Carole Martin, author of Boost Your Interview IQ.
You will learn:
1. Skill building exercises you can do to prepare yourself for interviews.
2. How to build a personal narrative that showcases your skills, knowledge and personality.
3. How to recognize and respond to “tricky” behavioral questions and leave the interviewers wowed.