The Gender Studies Advisory Committee guides and supports the Gender Studies Program at Westmont through the following roles.
- Making decisions on and coordinate campus-wide event planning around Gender Studies, usually in partnership with other campus departments or institutes.
- Assisting in the development and approval of new courses for the minor.
- Serving as academic advisors for students in the minor.
- Participating in regular review of the curriculum and the website.
- Supporting faculty who teach in the Gender Studies curriculum and students interested in the minor to foster a sense of Christian intellectual community, both in teaching and in research, around issues of gender and to advance Westmont’s role in church-wide conversations about gender and Christianity.
Marianne Ruel Robins
Cheri L. Larsen Hoeckley
Coordinator of Gender Studies