Steps for Students Seeking Disability Services
Students with questions regarding this process or questions about a disability should initiate a meeting with the Disability Services Director by calling 805-565-6186 or 565-6135 or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment time.
Both incoming and returning students: complete the following five steps
- Review the Office of Disability Services policies http://www.westmont.edu/_offices/disability/rights-and-responsibilities.html and select appropriate disability verification form
- Students submit completed Intake Form by mail, email or fax, prior to your intake interview. Returning students may bring it to ODS office in advance of interview date.
- Students submit completed Confidentiality Agreement by mail, email or fax, prior to interview. Returning students may bring it to ODS office in advance of interview date.
- Provide Disability Services with verification of your disability completed by a licensed professional, as outlined on the website under Disability Verification.
- View selections on the left side of this page and/or testing required documenting disability. Print the form that is most appropriate for your disability or provide pertinent testing evaluation.
- Verification of Disability must be received in Office of Disability Services at minimum of two weeks prior to request of accommodations. (Temporary Disabilities excepted)
- Make an appointment each semester: Students registered with disability services are required to meet with director to discuss accommodations each semester. Students studying abroad are encouraged to make appointments well in advance of program.
DS Intake Form
Disability Verification from professional (see requirements)
Make an appointment with Disability Services Director
Meet with director