The Housing Office provides information and services to Westmont students for:
- on-campus housing
- off-campus housing in our Ocean View Apartments
- off-campus local commuting from a non-Westmont property (a restricted and limited category)
- meal plans
- parking permits
All students at the main campus in Santa Barbara must have a housing assignment that has been approved by the Housing Office. This is a condition of enrollment. Off-campus commuting from a non-Westmont property is a restricted and limited category, and it must be approved by Housing. The vast majority of students who attend Westmont reside in college housing, mostly on campus but also at Westmont's off-campus apartments (aka Ocean View or Off-Campus Ocean View).
Beginning in fall 2017, all students will reside on campus or in the off-campus Ocean View Apartments unless they have an exception to live off-campus from a non-Westmont property. The small number of exceptions would be for those who are required by the college to live off-campus, or who are allowed live off campus in a non-Westmont property. See Four-Year Residential Experience and Off-Campus Commuting.
You may reach the Housing Office by calling, writing or visiting. We are located in the Clark-N Cottage, which overlooks the large Clark parking lot (near Emerson) on upper campus. Open hours are 9:00am-4:00pm, Monday-Friday (lunch hour and occasional meetings away from the office, notwithstanding). No appointments are necessary, but please request one if needed.
- Office: (805) 565-6037
- Fax: (805) 565-6214
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: Housing Office, 955 La Paz Road, Santa Barbara, CA 93108-1099
David King, Housing Director (805) 565-6036; email@example.com
Right to assign
The Housing Office reserves the sole right to make all room and roommate assignments, including the right to make changes after assignments have been confirmed and posted online. This includes the right to require students to reside on-campus or off-campus.
Here are examples of why changes may occur:
- In order to make additional housing space for students of the opposite sex.
- In order to re-locate residents in the event a building becomes uninhabitable.
- In order to assign with a different roommate. This can occur when a previously-assigned roommate cancels enrollment, or is re-assigned elsewhere by Housing.