What are our Alumni Doing?
To the proverbial question “what can you do with a history major?” Westmont’s history and social science alumni provide living proof that a wide range of vocational paths and opportunities are possible. With a strong Christian liberal arts education behind them, Westmont alums have headed out to exercise their distinctive gifts in many different ways and places. Here’s a sampling of what some very recent alumni are doing:
- Michelle Bebb ‘00 is working on her doctorate in Psychology degree at Wright Institute Graduate School of Psychology. She previously earned a master's degree in Psychology from Santa Clara University.
- Nate Latta ‘00 has taught history and 6th grade over the past nine years. He is also a recording musician.
- Mary Logue ‘00 is an Associate Director at the Westmont Voskuyl Library. She earned a master's degree in Library and Information Science at San Jose State University.
- Brooke Pickerell ‘00 attended San Francisco Seminary and earned both a master's of Theology and master's of Divinity degrees. She is now the pastor of Northside Presbyterian Church in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
- Scott Tuurie ‘00 completed two years of teaching English to university students in China and has now moved to Bangalore, India where he is a language specialist for a consulting company that mostly works with Microsoft employees.
- Aaron Ziulkowski ‘02 earned a master's degree in International Relations with an emphasis in Latin American Studies at George Washington University and is now employed in the Washington, D.C. area with Pact, Inc., an international development organization focused on community capacity building.
- Jessica Tangen Daniels ‘03 completed her master's degree in teaching at Bethel College, St. Paul, Minnesota, and taught at Bethel College in the history department during 2006-07.
- Colin Gilliland ‘03, completed his master's degree in Education in May of 2009 and teaches history at Lakeside High School in Lake Elsinore, California where he is also the head boys' soccer coach.
- Garrett Fahy ‘04 spent two years in Washington, D.C. mostly working on the staff of Senator Rick Santorum. He graduated from law school at Pepperdine University in 2009 and is an attorney in Los Angeles, California.
- Myrna Perez ‘05 earned a Ph.D in the History of Science at Harvard.
- Andrew McGregor ‘05 traveled to India after graduation with six of his closest friends. He then moved to San Francisco and worked as a waiter and played frisbee. Andrew earned a master's degree in Educaton and is now teaching high school mathematics.
- Lauren Pugh ‘06 earned a Master of Philosophy Degree in Early Modern European History at Cambridge University (UK) in 2008.
- Leigh Kusinski ‘07 is studying at Columbia University for a master's degree in Education.