United States Constitution Waiver Examination
TO: Westmont Students Needing to Satisfy the U.S. Constitution Requirement
FROM: Education Department
RE: The State-Approved, (FREE) Westmont Constitution Exam
How to Prepare:
1. Carefully read the U.S. Constitution.
Check out these websites (they are great, free and easily-accessible resources!):
- Review the Justice Learning website. Just click on “Constitution Guide” and read through the tabs at the top.
- National Archives presents the Charters of Freedom, which includes facts in a question-and-answer format about the U.S. Constitution.
- Test your Constitution IQ and take this quiz.
- Check out this Interactive Constitution website.
- Online Hyperlinked Constitution.
2. Review Louis G. Morton’s, A Citizen’s Guide to the United States Constitution.
3. Read the constitution chapter in any college-level American government textbook.
Taking the Test
1. The Education Program Assistant will administer the test. Call or email Heather Bergthold at x6165 to make an appointment.
2. A passing score of 70 percent (35 out of 50).
3. You may repeat the exam once.
4. When requesting a transcript, make sure to indicate that your transcript should be held until your passing status is posted . . . once you take (and pass) the exam.