Westmont Magazine The ABCs of CRTs
A charitable remainder trust (CRT) can be a wonderful way to make a gift to Westmont and receive additional income and generous tax benefits. Determining if this type of planned gift is right for you is an essential first step. These ABCs will help you make that decision.
- Ask yourself these questions.
If you answer “yes,” go to step 2.
- Do you want to make a legacy gift to Westmont?
- Do you (or a loved one) need additional income?
- Are you (or your loved one) 55 or older?
- Are you interested in making a legacy gift of $50,000 or more?
- Become familiar with the details of a charitable remainder trust.
Our brochure entitled “Giving through Charitable Remainder Trusts” provides the basic concept, explains how a charitable remainder trust works, and summarizes the income and tax benefits. Call us at our toll free number, (800) 998-5652, to receive a copy.
- Contact us for more detailed information.
Our staff is available to answer your questions and provide illustrations showing hypothetical income and tax calculations so you can analyze how a charitable remainder trust would benefit you and Westmont. Your estate-planning attorney can also advise you regarding this or other estate gifts.
You can call the Planned Giving office at (800) 998-5652; press “1” to reach us. We look forward to your questions and will handle your requests confidentially.