First-Year Experience First-Year Retreat
The First-Year Retreat invites students to connect with one another while exploring and growing through their college transition.
Complete with plenty of recreation time including swimming, zip line, climbing wall, ultimate frisbee, s'mores, and bonfires, friendships and great memories are sure to be made! We encourage all first-year Westmont students to attend, though unfortunately space is limited, so sign-up early!
Where: Forest Home Ojai
When: Friday, September 6th - Saturday, September 7th, 2019
Register: The 2019 Retreat Registration is now closed
Retreat Theme: ROOTED: Colossians 2:7 "Let your roots grow down into Him...Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught."
Purpose of the Retreat: The First Year Retreat is intentionally designed early in the fall semester to help new students
- Build Relationships
- Deepen Connections to the Westmont Community
- Consider God's Calling for your College Experience
For more information, contact Orientation at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (805)-565-6125.
What to Pack
- Athletic shoes (for climbing wall, zip lines, basketball, volleyball, disc golf, human foosball, tetherball, etc.)
- One piece swimsuit or two piece covered by a dark shirt
- Bible, pen, notebook
- Cards or games (if you want)
- Normal clothing needs
- Sleeping bag OR sheets and a blanket
- Hat, sunscreen, sunglasses, bug spray (if bugs are attracted to you)
- Toiletries (FYI- there are some showers)
- Water bottle
- Sweatshirt or jacket (gets cold at night)