Policies Copyright Policy and Resource Guide
Table of Contents
- Westmont Copyright Policy
- What Copyright Means
What kind of work does the copyright act cover?
- Course Packs
Can I make copies of copyrighted material for use in my course packs?
- Course Packs and Fair Use
What if my course pack material is not of the type or amount in the guidelines, can I still use it without obtaining permission from the copyright owner?
- When You Need Permission for Your Course Pack
I've analyzed my intended use and it just isn't fair. How do I get permission to use the material?
- Public Domain
How do I determine if a work has entered the public domain?
- Reserve and Interlibrary Loan Services
How much material may I place on reserve?
- Copyright and the Digital World (Electronic Postings & eReserves)
- Media Services and Audiovisual Material
Does purchase of a film or video include ownership of the copyright?
- Media Services and Sound Recordings
Are there guidelines for the use of sound recordings?
- Educational Multimedia Fair Use
Can I use copyrighted material in a multimedia work that I have created for educational purposes without obtaining the copyright owner's permission?
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act/ Responsible Use Policy for the Internet
Am I free to copy whatever appears on the Internet?
- Performing Arts
Is it necessary to obtain permission for student performances of copyrighted works?
This form is designed for reproduction on the front and back of a half-sheet. However, it may be used as-is when printed onto the top and bottom of a single side.