Office of the Provost Educational Effectiveness
2018-2019: Christian Understanding, Practices and Affections; Written Communication
This year, we are assessing Christian Understanding, Practices and Affections and Written Communication ILOs.
The Writtten Communication ILO reads, Westmont Graduates write effectively in various contexts.
The CUPA ILOs read,
Westmont graduates will demonstrate literacy in biblical and orthodox Christian faith;
Westmont graduates will demonstrate faithfulness in Christian service.
The CUPA assessment team includes:
- Dr. Lisa DeBoer (Art), Lead Assessment Specialist for CUPA
- Dr. Sandra Richter (Religious Studies), CUPA Consultant
- Dr. Caryn Reeder, (Religious Studies), CUPA team member
- Dr. Scott Lisea (College Pastor), CUPA team member
- Dr. Jana Mayfield Mullen (Library), GE Assessment Coordinator and CUPA team member
The Written Communication assessment team includes:
- Dr. Sarah Skripsky (English) Lead Assessment Specialist for Written Communication
- Dr. Theresa Covich (English), Written Communication team member
The Office of Educational Effectiveness in partnership with the Academic Senate, Program Review and General Education Committees is committed to sustaining a culture of inquiry and improvement of student learning by implementing systematic assessment and promoting program quality.
To accomplish our mission, we:
- provide support and training on curriculum development; outcome-based learning; and assessment design and data collection, analysis, and implementation for faculty, co-curricular specialists, academic librarians, and departments
- support faculty and departments in the integration and assessment of college-wide General Education initiatives
- facilitate documentation of educational effectiveness through six-year program review and annual assessment update reports
- locate and disseminate best pedagogical practices and assessment scholarship
- enhance the visibility and recognition for quality assessment resulting in the enhancement of student learning
- share assessment data with the college leadership to assist them in data-guided decision-making
- support faculty participation in assessment-related regional and national conferences and workshops
- provide training and support for conducting assessment in AMS.