Office of the Provost Educational Effectiveness
2017-2018: Oral Communication
This year, we are assessing Oral Communication ILO. The ILO reads, Graduates of Westmont will effectively communicate orally in various contexts.
The assessment team includes:
- Dr. Lesa Stern (Communication Studies), Lead Assessment Specialist
- Dr. Marty Asher (Economics and Business)
- John Moore (Kinesiology)
- Tim Wilson (Student Life)
The Office of Educational Effectiveness in partnership with the Academic Senate, Program Review and General Education Committees is committed to sustaining a culture of inquiry and improvement of student learning by implementing systematic assessment and promoting program quality.
To accomplish our mission, we:
- provide support and training on curriculum development; outcome-based learning; and assessment design and data collection, analysis, and implementation for faculty, co-curricular specialists, academic librarians, and departments
- support faculty and departments in the integration and assessment of college-wide General Education initiatives
- facilitate documentation of educational effectiveness through six-year program review and annual assessment update reports
- locate and disseminate best pedagogical practices and assessment scholarship
- enhance the visibility and recognition for quality assessment resulting in the enhancement of student learning
- share assessment data with the college leadership to assist them in data-guided decision-making
- support faculty participation in assessment-related regional and national conferences and workshops
- provide training and support for conducting assessment in the LiveText AMS.