Abbreviated Social Distancing Protocol
To maintain the safety of our community, Westmont College requires all students, faculty, staff and visitors to comply with the social distancing protocols of the CDC, State of California, and County of Santa Barbara. Additionally, Westmont requires the following:
- Westmont community members will maintain six-foot social distancing in the presence of others on campus.
- Guests who traveled together need not maintain a six-foot distance with each other but must stay six feet away from other individuals on campus.
- Westmont community members will wear face masks when in a building, in all common spaces and when walking between buildings.
- Employees do not need to wear a mask in their own offices if only one person occupies the office, and students do not need to wear face coverings in their own residence hall rooms.
- Guests to campus will wear a face covering once they exit their vehicle on Westmont property.
- Hand sanitizer and/or hand-washing stations will be available at all entrances to buildings.
- Faculty and staff will sanitize their workspaces before leaving by disinfecting desks/workspace surfaces.
- Any employee who experiences any of the CDC-identified COVID-19 symptoms will immediately return home and notify his/her supervisor.
- Any student who experiences these symptoms will immediately return to his/her room and notify a resident director and/or the director of Westmont’s Student Health Center.
- No visitors exhibiting any of these symptoms will be allowed on campus.
- All break rooms are closed until further notice. Microwaves and refrigerators must be disinfected after each use.
- Any waiting areas with seating will be rearranged to ensure at least six feet between each seat.
- Meetings will take place via an electronic medium whenever possible or in a meeting room large enough to ensure at least six feet between participants. Meeting attendees must wear face coverings. The space will be cleaned by those in the meeting after using it.
- Several areas on campus may institute additional protocols.
Failure to comply with these requirements may result in expulsion from campus for visitors and temporary removal/disciplinary action for employees and students. All protocols stated above may be updated. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.