Student Care Student Concern Notification Form Information
If this is an emergency ...
...for immediate assistance, call 911 or Public Safety (805) 565-6222
Submit a Student Concern
If you are a faculty or staff member and are concerned about a student's well-being, please click on the button below to notify the Student Care Team (see instructions below for assistance).
For those without a Westmont College login, please submit your concern here.
If you have a Westmont College login, sign in when prompted and then click "Send Care Report" on the top left. Search for the student about whom you are concerned and click "Send Alert" next to their name to submit your concern.
Please submit a Student Care Report in the following situations:
- Extreme disorganization or erratic performance in class
- Angry or hostile outbursts, visibly upset
- Deterioration in physical appearance or personal hygiene
- Written or artistic expression of unusual violence or despair
- Being more withdrawn or animated than usual
- Noticeable cuts, bruises, or burns
- Essays or papers that focus on suicide or death
- Disorganized speech, rapid or slurred speech, confusion
- Multiple absences
- Student shares something with you that you believe would be good for Residence Life to support them in (i.e. Death of parent or roommate conflict)
- Student shares something with you that would be beneficial if other supports were provided (ex. depressed or self-harm)
- Sexual assault. Resident directors, student life vice president and deans, faculty department chairs, college employee supervisors, vice presidents, and the college Title IX officer are mandated reporters.
Please be aware that this form is not monitored after hours, on weekends, or on college holidays. Westmont has Public Safety officers that are available 24hrs a day, 7 days a week and they can be reached at (805) 565-6222. If you have immediate concerns about the health or safety of a student, call 911 and then Public Safety.