Parking Permits Costs
The charge for a semester parking permit is $210.
- Scooter and motorcycle permits are required and are discounted 50%.
- Temporary permits cost $3/day.
- Temporary permits are only available to students who qualify for either the Regular or the Restricted permit and are intended only for a brief period (e.g. car in repair shop).
- First-year students are not eligible for temporary permits or semester permits. An exception to this would be for a medically-approved permit from the Office of Disability Services or the Campus Health Center.
- GLC decals are supplemental to the Regular permit, and there is no additional cost. However, GLC decals are limited in number and there are special requirements for those have one.
No payment is required at time of request, or at time of pick-up. The cost for a permit is posted to the student's account.
A semester permit must be cancelled in writing by email to the Director of Housing & Parking. Here is how refunds are determined:
FULL refunds only apply when the permit is cancelled prior to the start of the semester.
PARTIAL refunds are based upon the week in which the reserved or issued permit has been cancelled. Partial refunds are pro-rated for the first 10 weeks of the semester (i.e. 10% cost per week whether actually issued or held on reserve). No refunds after the tenth week. A full-semester permit is any valid permit for 10 or more weeks. So, there is no refund value after the 10th week of the semester.