August 25-26, 2022 Parent Orientation
Welcome to the Westmont Community!
We're thrilled you're coming!
Welcome to Westmont! We’re thrilled your student has chosen to attend, and we understand and recognize the important role you’ve played in preparing him or her for this day. Enrolling in college is an exciting time for your family, but it also raises a lot of questions. That’s why we're providing some important information now and invite you to attend our Parent Orientation Program this summer.
Parent Orientation will give you insights about college, including academic and student life programs. You’ll hear from President Gayle D. Beebe, professors, administrative staff and other parents and students. During these sessions, you’ll receive information specific to parents of incoming students and gain a deeper sense of how you can share in your student’s college life. Stay tuned for more information about this programming in the coming weeks. Registration for this event will open in June 2022.
You may have questions now. What should my student pack? How do we pay our bill? Is our financial aid package complete? For the answers to these and many more questions, visit the Student Orientation website. You’ll find valuable resources to help you prepare for your student’s arrival on campus in August. In the coming weeks, you'll learn more about Parent Orientation on our Parent Orientation Schedule devoted to new Westmont parents like you. We also love grandparents and encourage them to join in on our calls and campus events.
We hope to make the transition to college as smooth as possible. If you have additional questions, contact us at email@example.com. We look forward to welcoming you to our family.
Move-in day tips
- If you have not received an email from the Parents Relations Office, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to update your contact information.
- If you are traveling from a distance and will need to spend the night in Santa Barbara following your student's move-in time, visit our lodging and accommodations page for options (For information on lodging and accommodations)
- Check your student’s financial aid status
- Pay your first bill
- Encourage your student to sign up for a First-Year Seminar and a First-Year Retreat.
- For more information, go to the Student Orientation website.
- Enrolling in college is an exciting time for your family, but it also raises a lot of questions. That’s why we invite you to attend Parent Orientation!
- At our Parent Orientation you’ll learn about the various aspects of the college’s academic, residential, and student life programs.
- You’ll meet President Gayle D. Beebe, faculty, administrative staff, other parents and students.
- You’ll receive information tailored just for you and gain a deeper sense of sharing in your student’s college life.
- Multiple outlet surge protectors
- Towels and washcloths
- Blankets, pillows and extra-long twin sheets (36 x 80 in)
- Laundry bag or basket
- Small basket for carrying personal bathroom supplies
- See a full packing list
- Hot Plate
- Microwave oven
- Toaster/toaster oven
- Air conditioner (small portable evaporative coolers okay)
- Halogen floor lamp
- Extension cords
- Candles and oil lamps
- Duct tape
- Pets (fish are OK)
- Chairs, desks or beds
The Parent Orientation program is created specifically for parents, with input from past participants. This program is intended to inform you of important information about services and programs that will help your student succeed at Westmont and to address transition issues for the student and those who are important in the student’s life.
You can view the complete schedule (once finalized) for Parent Orientation 2022 online .This will serve as your primary guide to Parent Orientation and beyond.