Housing Sign-Ups for Next Year Eligibility & Class Distribution
To participate in the annual Housing Sign-Ups process, you must be enrolled for the Spring 2020 semester AND be planning to return the upcoming academic year. Housing Sign-Ups for Next Year is primarily about housing for the coming Fall semester, but the Spring semester might be part of a request to live-campus or part of a Flex-Triple request.
At login to the request application, you will see a message that presents (to you only) the points which you will contribute to a group request. Students sometimes misunderstand eligibility determinations and requirements; please read carefully.
Note if you plan to study away-abroad next year:
- If you plan to be away-abroad for either semester, through the Global Education Office (aka Off-Campus Programs Office), you may still be included in a request application. However, once you are confirmed for study away-abroad in the Fall you may not reserve any college housing for that semester and you should extricate yourself from any request for housing in that semester.
- The Flex-Triple option is available for the semester in which you will be on campus. This is highly recommended for reserving a place to land with friends for the Spring semester, after being away-abroad in the Fall.
Distribution of classes in the halls
- UPPER CAMPUS: The entire incoming first-year class, and some rising sophomores, will reside on upper campus in Clark, Emerson and Page. Returning sophomores in Page may choose to live as a double or as a triple. Some of the triple furniture will remain in the room, even though a double is granted. Juniors and seniors (other than RAs) will NOT be able to request Clark, Emerson or Page.
- LOWER CAMPUS: About half or more of the rising sophomores, along with many juniors and seniors, will reside on lower campus in Van Kampen (VK) and Armington.
- VK & ARMINGTON: Juniors and some seniors will reside on lower campus in VK and Armington, and a small number of sophomores may also be able to reside in VK after senior and junior groupings have been considered.
- GLC: Students who will be seniors by the end of the Spring 2020 semester have priority to request GLC. Advanced seniors will have higher priority than all others. It is rare for juniors to get into the GLC. See Point System for description. Seniors who have studied abroad at some point during their time at Westmont, or who are international students, or who are Augustinian Scholars will be given some additional consideration for living in the GLC--as long as they are eligible to request GLC. NOTE: GLC requests may include juniors, but few juniors are able to get into GLC due to demand by groups with higher points (i.e. comprised of seniors only).
- OCEAN VIEW: Seniors and juniors have priority to reside at the off-campus Ocean View apartments.
- OFF-CAMPUS COMMUTING: Students who will be seniors by the end of the Spring 2020 semester will have the option to apply to be one of the approximately 140 students to live off-campus, either at the Ocean View apartments or in non-Westmont housing.
- Table of approximate percentages of class distribution on campus: