Housing Office Off-Campus Living
Approximately 140 students will be allowed to live off-campus each semester. About 70 will reside at the off-campus Ocean View apartments--a Westmont residential property. Up to 70 others will be allowed to live off-campus in a non-Westmont property. Approval to live off-campus must come from the Housing Office.
Approval is granted by the semester (not necessarily the entire academic year). Approval to live off-campus is limited to students who will be seniors by the end of the Spring 2017 semester, with some exceptions. Beginning in Fall 2017, students will need to live in college housing unless they are in a category which necessitates off-campus commuting. Such categories include students in the 5th-year teaching credential program, the Westmont Downtown program, married students, or single parents with a dependent child.
The Housing Office reserves the right to determine all housing assignments (i.e. approve or not approve requests to live off-campus). Any student who is not allowed to live off-campus in a non-Westmont property is thereby required to reside in college housing as a condition of enrollment.
The housing codes recorded for students are posted on the student profile. The housing code for off-campus living in a non-Westmont property will be LCSB (i.e. Local Commuter in Santa Barbara). The housing code for off-campus living at the Ocean View apartments is LCOV (i.e. Local Commuter at Ocean View).
Every student who wishes to reside off-campus should read Requirements for Commuters. The limitation about off-campus living is communicated to all students upon entry (i.e. Housing Application), and on this Housing website.
The number of students who live off-campus (as a local commuter) is limited by Westmont, so some students who wish to live off-campus locally(in a non-Westmont property) might not be allowed to do so.*
1. For returning students, submit the Housing Request application by the posted due date. This application can be found under Housing Requests for Next Year.
2. If the Housing Office notifies this group on the posted Notification Date that their applcation qualifies to live off-campus, each member in the group must confirm by submitting the Off-Campus Living Agreement.
- Students must provide their off-campus residence (not a P.O. box) and phone contact information to Housing before they live off-campus.
- Failure to provide this information may result in the forfeiture of the approval to reside off-campus, or other sanctions.
- If local address is not known at the time you submit the OCLiving Agreement, you must provide your off-campus address and phone before you begin to live off-campus.
- If the local residence information changes at any time while living off-campus, you are required to re-submit the OCLiving Agreement with the updated information.
- Failure to submit the OCLiving Agreement with your address will make you ineligible to live off-campus.
*Approval to reside off-campus must be granted by Housing. The Housing Office reserves the right to approve or not approve a request to reside off-campus. Any student who is not approved for off-campus living must live on-campus as a condition of enrollment at Westmont.