Housing Sign-Ups for Next Year Eligibility & Class Distribution
To participate in the annual Housing Sign-Ups process, you must be enrolled for the Spring 2021 semester AND be planning to return the upcoming academic year. Housing Sign-Ups for Next Year is fundamentally about housing for the immediate Fall semester, so students planning to study away-abroad for the Fall generally do not participate. However, the Spring semester might be part of a request to live on campus if it is a Flex-Triple request that spans both the Fall and Spring.
Note if you plan to study away-abroad next year:
- If you plan to be away-abroad for either semester, through the Global Education Office (aka Off Campus Programs Office), you should not be included in a request application for on campus during the Fall. We do not reserve any college housing for the semester in which you are abroad, so you should remove yourself from any request for housing in the Fall semester.
- The Flex-Triple option is available for the semester in which you will be on campus. This is highly recommended for reserving a place to land with friends for the Spring semester, after being away-abroad in the Fall. VK is not a Flex-Triple hall and is not a "triple" location for students going abroad in the Fall.
Distribution of classes in the halls
- UPPER CAMPUS: The entire incoming first-year class, and some rising sophomores, will reside on upper campus in Clark, Emerson and Page. Returning sophomores in Page may choose to live as a double or as a triple. As added incentive, sophomores living in Page are given additional consideration for a parking permit--please be sure to note this on your permit application! Some of the Page triple furniture will remain in the room, even if a double is granted. Juniors and seniors are NOT able to request Clark, Emerson, or Page.
- LOWER CAMPUS: All seniors and juniors and about half of the rising sophomores will reside on lower campus.
- VK & ARMINGTON: Juniors and some seniors will reside in VK and Armington; a small number of sophomores may also be able to reside in VK, after senior and junior groupings have been considered. Most sophomores will be in Armington or in one of the upper campus halls.
- GLC: Students who will be seniors by the end of the Spring 2021 semester have priority to request housing in the GLC. Advanced seniors will have highest priority. It is rare for juniors to get into the GLC. See Point System for description. Seniors who have studied abroad at some point during their time at Westmont, or are international students, or are Augustinian Scholars will be given some additional consideration for living in the GLC--as long as they are eligible to request GLC. NOTE: GLC requests may include juniors, but few juniors are able to get into GLC due to demand by groups with higher points (i.e. comprised of seniors only).
- OCEAN VIEW: Seniors and juniors have priority to reside in the off campus Ocean View apartments. Groups are considered by points, so senior groups (like the GLC) will receive higher consideration than groups with juniors.
- OFF CAMPUS: Students who will be seniors by the end of the Spring 2021 semester will have the option to apply to be one of the approximately 140 students to live off-campus, either at the Ocean View apartments or in non-Westmont housing.
- Table of approximate percentages of class distribution on campus: