Student Life Santa Barbara
The city of Santa Barbara is just a shuttle stop away from Westmont campus. We encourage students to experience the rich blend of culture and energy that downtown has to offer. Each year, Santa Barbara hosts many cultural events, artistic festivities, and countless farmers markets and concerts, making the soul and personality of the city accessible.
Here is a list of just some of the must-do activities for every student or visitor:
- Utilize the volleyball courts at East Beach
- Rent paddle boards or kayaks from the pier
- Grab a coffee or shake from East Beach grill as you walk along the sand
- Watch the sunrise from Butterfly Beach
- Shop along State Street
- Indulge in some ice cream at McConnell's
- Watch the sunset from the top of Gibralter
- Attend the Saturday morning farmer's market on Cota & Anacapa
- Grab a Burger at Eureka
- Sip smoothies from Blenders
- Tour the Courthouse and view the city from above on the bell tower deck
- Explore the Pier and Harbor, and be sure to look out for sand sculptors and artists!