Health & Wellness Health Center
During your time at Westmont you will have access to an on-campus health clinic at which a team consisting of physician assistants, a nurse practitioner, medical office coordinator and a physician who are available to take care of your health care needs.
The Health Center is committed to being on mission with Christ in our participation as health care providers in the movement of God's love towards people. We accomplish this by maintaining a staff with years of experience and training in the area of college health. As such, we are able to provide the excellent health care that is focused in caring for college students. By partnering with you in assuming responsibility for your own health care needs, we hope to equip these you with the skills needed to access health care throughout your life.
NEW HEALTH CENTER HOURS
MONDAY: 10am-12:30pm / 1pm-4pm
TUESDAY: 10am-12:30pm / 1pm-4pm
WEDNESDAY: 10am-12:30pm / 1pm-4pm
THURSDAY: 10am-12:30pm / 1pm-4pm
FRIDAY: 10am-12:30pm / 1pm-4pm
In the event of a life threatening emergency, call 911!
Health Center Information
To schedule an appointment to see one of our providers or for non-urgent medical needs:
Call : 805-565-6164
The Health Center is located on lower campus, across from Van Kampen Hall.
COME IN TO SCHEDULE:
- MD Appointments
- PA Appointments
- Women's Health
- Travel related services/education
- Lab/Bloodwork draws
There is no office visit fee for all traditionally enrolled students. There are fees for some medications, treatments, vaccinations that can be charged to your student account or paid by cash or check
Welcome New Students!
To All Entering Students,
Allow me, Dr. David Hernandez, to welcome you to the Westmont College Student Health Center. During your time at Westmont you will have access to an on-campus health clinic at which a team consisting of physician assistants, a nurse practitioner, medical office coordinator and a physician who are available to take care of your health care needs.
In an effort to better serve you it is important that you complete and send in the necessary forms. Any forms you will need to print, you can find under the "Health Center Forms" tab on this page. Once you've completed your physical exam and have the forms needed, please mail them to Westmont College Health Center no later than January 5th. The address is provided below.
A physical exam is recommended to be completed before starting school. Have your doctor fill out the physical exam form provided on the website and mail it back to the Westmont Health Center. It may take weeks to get an appointment with your doctor so the sooner you call the better.
An immunization record- this is a list of all immunizations (shots) you have received. You, your doctor or your parents will have this record. Please mail your immunization records (a copy will suffice) back to the Westmont College Health Center, along with your physical. It would be a good idea to make a copy of these vaccinations for your own records.
If you are under 18 years of age please make sure to have your parent sign the Authorization to Treat form, also provided here and again, mail it to the Health Center. This allows you to receive care without your parents being present.
If you have any questions please call us at 805-565-6164 or email email@example.com.
Send all forms to:
Westmont Health Center
955 La Paz Road
Santa Barbara, CA 93108
David Hernandez M.D.
- Can I be seen at the Health Center? Yes. All enrolled students may be seen at the Health Center. Call 805-565-6164 to schedule an appointment.
- What do I do if I get sick or hurt? Call the Student Health Center for an appointment or drop by to schedule an appointment.
- How does the Health Center work? The Health Center works a lot like your own doctor’s office. We have pre-scheduled appointments for chronic illness and same day appointments for acute illness. Same day appointments are available daily. You can usually be seen within 1-2 days at the Health Center, but if our schedule is full, we provide off campus options for you.
- Do I need to bring money to the Student Health Center? There are no fees for office visits, but medications, some treatments and vaccinations have nominal fees. You can pay at the time of your visit by cash or check or fees may be charged to you student account.
- Can I use my insurance at the Health Center? The Health Center does not bill insurance. The only time you will need to use your insurance is for: Off campus referrals, off campus services such as labs or x-rays and if you need to be seen during off hours at an Urgent Care or the Emergency Room.
- What should I do on the weekend when the Health Center is closed? If you should need medical care during off hours, please see our list of local MedCenters and Urgent Cares below.. For Life threatening emergencies, call 911.
Important Note: It's important to know your insurance policy. Is it HMO or PPO and to determine how you will access health care in the event of an emergency or need for specialized care. Contact your insurance company to find out more information.
For non-emergent medical needs during closed hours visit:
Sansum Clinic Urgent Care
215 Pesetas Lane
Hours: M-F 8a-7p
Further questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
In the event of a life threatening emergency: Call 911!
For After Hours and Weekend Non-Urgent Medical Needs:
If you become ill or injured when the Health Center is closed, your resident assistant (R.A.) or resident director (R.D.) can give you first-aid supplies or help you get to a local health facility listed below:.
Pesetas Urgent Care & Multi-Specialty Clinic
215 Pesetas Lane
Santa Barbara, CA 93110
Urgent Care: (805) 563-6110
Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 7:00 pm,
Saturday 9:00 am - 5:00pm,
Sunday 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Clinic: (805) 681-7500
Monday - Thursday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Friday 8:00 am to 12 noon
The Med Center
2954 State St
Hours: M-F 8a-8p
Sun & Holidays:
No appointment necessary.
Bring your Primary Insurance Card
Cottage Hospital Emergency Room
Pueblo at Bath Street
Phone: 682.7111, ext. 2421
Hours: Sunday - Saturday, 24 hours a day. No appointment necessary.
Bring your Primary Insurance Card (insurance from home)
Due to the Affordable Health Care Plan, Westmont does not offer a supplemental health plan policy. Students are encouraged to ensure that they are included on parental policies where possible, or to obtain personal coverage in compliance with the ACA requirement of medical insurance for all US adults. The Student Health Fee for Fall 2013 and beyond has been reduced accordingly.
For more information visit: student insurance
If you any questions or need additional information, contact Claire Cetti at 805-565-6164 or email email@example.com.
Health Center Staff
Bella is a 8 year old Shih Tzu/Bichon Frise mix. Both breeds are considered to be hypoallergenic. Bella is a sweet girl who loves to be picked up, held, petted or just hang out in your lap.