Institutes & Centers Women's Leadership Council
Educating, Enriching, Empowering Women
Mission and Purpose
The Women’s Leadership Council (WLC) of Westmont College seeks to recognize and empower women. Through this council, women in our community—professors, staff members, alumnae, friends and students—will create a tradition of female leadership and support at the college.
Key Initiatives of the Women’s Leadership Council
- Assist in attracting new female leaders in our community to Westmont and involving them in the life of the college
- Engage alumnae, parents and friends who’ve become leaders in their chosen fields by strengthening their connection to each other and to the college
- Offer special activities and events on campus and in the community that discuss contemporary issues relating to women
As a member of the Women’s Leadership Council, you’ll join a dynamic group that seeks to celebrate and support women. The council offers an excellent way for women to strengthen and extend their roles as leaders, develop connections with each other, and increase their ties to the college.
Members have the opportunity to participate in
- Developing meaningful internships for students while networking with community members, alumnae and students
- Supporting and encouraging female students as they discover their purpose in life
- Joining in educational programs such as discussions and travel that address women’s issues
Women who accept an invitation to join the WLC agree to participate in at least two meetings or events and to make an annual contribution to Westmont.
Penny Jenkins, Anna Grotenhuis and Andria Kahmann (not pictured) Women’s Leadership Council Co-chairs
“We desire to enrich and empower the lives of female students at Westmont College, inspired by a quote from Sheryl Sandberg’s book Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead:
Leadership is about making others better as a result of your presence and making sure that impact lasts in your absence.
“We hope that leaders in our community will join with us in supporting young Westmont women. Your involvement will enrich and empower these women well beyond the years they spend as students at the college.”
For more information about becoming a member of the Women’s Leadership Council, please contact:
Kirsten Moore, Head Women’s Basketball Coach
For more information on events, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org